The Philippine Software Industry Association (PSIA) runs various events, seminars, and conferences to educate and update our members and the larger IT community (“Events”). This privacy notice provides you with information about how the PSIA uses your personal data when you register for and attend an event run by the PSIA.
How does this privacy notice relate to other privacy notices?
This privacy notice explains how we use your personal data in relation to your interest in, or attendance at, an event run by the PSIA.
Registering for an Event
If you wish to attend one of our events, please RSVP by responding to us using the contact details provided on the Event invite.
What personal data will be processed?
- If you register through our website or via email and consent to share your information with us, the PSIA will receive the following information:
- your first and last name, email, mobile number, and any company information you’ve chosen to include in your registration.
- the sessions you’ve added to your personalized schedule.
- your general usage metrics
- records of communications sent to you by the PSIA or that we receive from you in relation to an event you will attend/have attended.
- The PSIA may photograph, screenshot, and record the Event which will be used to market our services and to promote future events. Your image therefore could be included in future promotions. If you do not wish for your image to be included, please contact us. We will exclude or remove your image accordingly.
What is the purpose of processing data?
The PSIA will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To reserve a place for you at the event(s) you requested to attend
- To provide you with information about the event(s) for which you have registered, such as event updates, and possible changes, cancellations,s or similar information
- For general administration and organization of our events, for example, to contact you with information about an event or conference that you’re exhibiting at, or attending as we need to use your details for planning and logistics, to invoice you, to provide you customer service in relation to the event, and general administration of your attendance at the event
- To fulfill and monitor our legal responsibilities, for example, under public safety legislation
- In accordance with your preferences, to communicate with you about other events, news, and services we provide
- To ask you for your feedback or review after an event you have attended
- To assess the activity of our attendees at our Events
- To create a delegate list that will be shared with an Exhibitor or Sponsor at the Event
- To film and photograph the event which will be used to market our services and to promote future events on our website, social media channels, and in marketing materials
- To improve our services, marketing, customer relationships, and experiences
- To plan better future events and attendee experience
What is the legal basis of the processing?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- For our legitimate interests (for example, in order to manage and develop our business, study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, grow our business and inform our marketing strategy).
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
We rely on your consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data when you agree to the terms and conditions during the registration process. We will also get your consent before sending third-party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
To the extent that you may provide us with personal data about yourself that is sensitive, for example relating to any disability, allergies, or other dietary requirements that you have, we will process this information with your explicit consent, or if it is necessary:
- For the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- Very occasionally, when it is needed to protect your or another person’s vital interests and you are not capable of giving your consent (for example, in an emergency).
Who will your personal data be shared with?
Within the PSIA, your personal data is shared only with those departments and staff who need access for the processing purposes set out above.
We may share some of the information with external organizations providing services for the event you are attending, in particular, we may share your information with select sponsors/exhibitors of the event as well as our event management agency.
How long is your personal data kept?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting, or reporting requirements.
If you consent to stay in touch with us or subscribe to our newsletter, essential information to communicate with you will be kept until you withdraw your consent or unsubscribe to specific communication.
Questions, comments, and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the PSIA.